The Dubbo Triathlon Club believes in developing and fostering juniors in our Club. The annual Tri-Stars program aims to ensure that kids have fun while learning skills through participation. In turn, we hope to build a solid foundation for the Club’s future.
Held at the Dubbo Aquatic Leisure Centre and
Victoria Park, the completely OFF-ROAD events focus on fun, participation and personal achievement under full marshal conditions to ensure the safety of all children.
The Dubbo Triathlon Club will host 3 sanctioned junior Triathlon events in 2017/18 Junior Series:
- Sunday 10th December 2017 – Enter here
- Sunday 21st January 2018 – Enter here
- Sunday 18th February 2018 – Enter here
$5 RACE FEES PER PERSON PER EVENT INCLUDES:
- Entry to Race
- Lucky draw prizes
- Free BBQ for competitors
- Participation certificate for all participant per race
- Medal awarded to those that complete ALL 3 RACES in the series after Race 3
The club would prefer online entries being made prior to the day, however if paying on the day will be Cash only. Cost is the same either way.
SCHEDULE FOR EACH RACE:
8:00am Registration & Transition opens
8:50am Registration & Transition closes
9:00am Introduction and Race Briefing
9:15am Junior 1 Short course event
9:30am Junior 2 Medium course event
10:00am Junior 3 Long course event
10:30am Adult enticer event
RACE DISTANCES FOR EACH RACE:
- Junior Short Course (Recommended age 4-7)- 12m swim/250m cycle/ 250m run
- Junior Medium Course (Recommended ages 6-11)- 25m swim/500m cycle/500m run
- Junior Long Course (Recommended ages 10-16)- 50m swim/1km cycle/1km run
- Adult enticer Aquathon (Recommended age 12+ incl Parents and Beginner)- 200m swim/2km run (Note: No Bike leg)
All races begin inside Dubbo Aquatic Centre.
BASIC COURSE MAP FOR EACH RACE:
Message the Dubbo Tri Facebook page for further details.